Cars are the Stars Dodge Charger
Revell (kit #85-1569)
Other Paranormal Models
Ghostbusters 2 Ecto-1A
Harry Potter Anglia 105E
Wheels of Terror Charger
Blade ‘68 Charger
Kaiki Daisakusen Tortoise (Review)
The Real Ghostbusters Ecto-1
Ghostbusters: The Video Game Ecto-1B
Haunted Mansion Hearse (Review)
Other Charger Models
Fast & Furious ‘70 Charger
Half-Life 2 Muscle Car The Philadelphia Experiment Charger
Joe Dirt ‘69 Charger Daytona
The Fast & the Furious ‘70 Charger
Furious 7 ‘70 Charger
"City Slicker" ‘69 Charger
Furious 6 ‘69 Charger Daytona
Other 1990s Movie Models
Tomorrow Never Dies 740iL (Review)
Batman Returns Batmobile
Short Time Dodge Diplomat
Terminator 2 Harley-Davidson
Tommy Boy Plymouth GTX (Review)
Batman Returns Batmobile (Review)
The Lost World: Jurassic Park Snagger
Wheels of Terror Charger
Batman Forever Batmobile
Like the Bullitt Mustang, I built this as a quick "weekend project." It was sold under the "Cars are the Stars" banner, basically an easy way for Revell to produce (almost) movie-accurate cars without paying a fortune in licensing fees. The actual model is a modified reissue of the '68 Charger from the Bullitt line, with different wheels and a new hood. Unfortunately, that meant that the roof was still vinyl textured...and I can tell you now, it's not nearly as easy to remove the texture from a diecast as it was from the General Lee. Still, after some work with various sandpaper and sanding sticks, I had corrected the roof to a smooth metal panel that flowed smoothly into the rear fenders.
With that done, the body was painted flat black and clearcoated to reproduce the satin black color seen in the movie. Inside, things were detailed with paint and Bare Metal Foil, and the steering wheel was replaced with a parts box item to better match what was used in the movie. The chassis was modified to include traction masters, and the front axle recieved my usual Revell kit modification (including filling in the hole through the engine block). The engine was also wired and plumbed.
Since Blade's car lacked license plates, I had to remove them from both bumpers. This was no problem on the front bumper: a little trim work with an X-Acto and I was done. The rear plate was a bit more problematic, though...the plate would have to be carved out of the bumper depression and the bumper would then have to be rechromed. Just for the heck of it, I thought I would see how closely a bumper from a Revell plastic kit would fit before I started work. Much to my surprise, the fit was absolutely perfect. Even the mount pins were located in the same place. So, kudos to Revell for making the parts interchangable.
Overall, the kit went together pretty easily. Once together, the body was detailed with paint, BMF, and a radio antenna, while the chassis was detailed with chalks and pastels to achieve a good weathered look.